Saturday 29 January 2011

Baby The Stars Shine Bright: Chained Berry Memoir


I'll start by saying that I really like the print of the strawberries on Chained Berry Memoir, but one thing puts me off...
All of the previews are of the pink version, there are none of the other colourways :(
Pink looks very good on other people, but it disagrees with my skintone and makes me look kind of strange, I guess that is what usually puts me off Sweet Lolita in the first place.

Anyhow, the Chained Berry Memoir collection comes in two different JSKs, a skirt, a bolero, headbow, round necked t-shirt, two different pairs of socks and a bag.

My initial thoughts are that this would be the perfect print to wear with those shortcake shoes that were in Baby's shoe lucky pack this year.

The Jenny Jumper Skirt is the one at the top of the page, it has partial shirring, corset lacing and waist ties at the back, and at the front it has one of the cutest details I've seen on a Baby dress to date:

A pair of crocheted strawberries.
As you can see there is more corset lacing and a large bow at the front.
Over all it gives a very "Strawberries and Cream" sumptuous feel.

The Mary Skirt is rather plainer in comparison, though it does feature a large bow at the back and a cute bow shaped button.

The Maria Jumper Skirt, feels a little more classic to me, kind of like it's Jenny's older sister so to speak.
It features a Peter Pan collar, two small pink bows and a medium printed bow on the front.
The back has corset lacing and waist ties.
Personally I'm not really fond of the bolero, I would wear a solid plain coloured bolero with that print, rather than a one with a print on it.
The bow, is well standard bow cuteness but you get a nice close up of the very cute strawberry lace.
Despite having the same print as the bolero I prefer the t-shirt as I think it would go well with the skirt. I also like the Peter Pan collar.
The socks are the only part of the collection where you can see some of the other colourways. Here is the first sock design in black. I find them pretty damn adorable!
And here is a shot of one of each colour of the other sock design. Personally I find this design a bit to fussy for my tastes.
I think the bag is pretty cute, but the fabric in the sample photo seems to be upside down, which is a little worrying as I've always thought of careful quality when I think of Baby :/

***

The collection is available to reserve from February 4th at 17:00 Japanese time.

***

Day 8: A picture of the perfect accessory.


A ship hat :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails