Friday 10 February 2012

Friday Feature - Pantene Pro-V Repair and Protect


Reviews are my honest opinions 100% of the time, I point out both positive and negative aspects of the product. All of my reviews are based on personal opinions and experiences.

Oh noes! My first negative review of a product!
:(

As a lot of you know almost three years ago I had my hair all shaved off to raise money for charity. I decided that I wanted to grow it to waist length after that and I have been growing it ever since.
Now obviously it is always important to take good care of your hair, but it is EXTRA important to treat your hair the best you can while you're growing it, one straighten to much at a high heat setting or and bad bleach job could set your growth back months or even years!
My usual hair care routine is to wash my hair with a Lush shampoo bar (I'm currently using The Blonde) every two to three days (I don't wash it every day because washing is when the majority of hair damage occurs so I only wash it when it needs to be washed), and then I alternate rinses between Jasmine hair oil and Cider Vinegar .
Pantene seems to have a very good reputation for leaving people's hair soft and silky so I was rather exited when a large purple envelope appeared in my hallway with my samples in it.
In all I had three samples: Repair and Protect Shampoo, Repair and Protect Conditioner and Repair and Protect Intensive Treatment.
All three came with instructions on how to use the products, but no instructions as to HOW MUCH product to use, so I made a wild guess and used around the size of a 2p coin.

After the first attempt I was actually really happy with the products, my hair looked and felt fantastic and actually smelled faintly of cucumbers 0_o
It wasn't until I was next due to wash my hair that I started to notice problems.
My hair had REALLY dried out and felt like straw!
Dry hair is not healthy hair, i's REALLY bad, so brittle in that state, I actually panicked because my hair felt so dry and gross.
I figured the only thing I could do was to wash my hair to see if this improved the situation, which it did.
Again my hair felt lovely until I needed to wash it again and then it just felt like straw.
I figured in order to be a fair test I needed to have one more try, and yes the results were exactly the same :(
It seems that on my hair at least Repair and Protect does the exact opposite of what it says on the tin.
I will not be using this product again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails