Monday 9 February 2015

Ethel Granger

Myth 1: Corset wearers die young
Ethel Granger 1905 - 1982.
Living to 77 is nothing to sniff at. I couldn't find the statistics for 1905, but a white woman born in 1930's average life expectancy was estimated to be around 63.

Ethel Granger hold's the record for the smallest corseted waist, she was a fascinating woman, although everything I have read about her suggests that it wasn't her choice to tightlace, rather it seems that her husband William may have been quite manipulative, which is something I don't support at all.
I live by the mantra of
My body, my choice
and I would urge everybody else to as well.

You can read more about Ethel on the following sites:
Near the bottom of this article on Corsetiere.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails