Thursday 23 July 2015

Cherry Tree

My grandma has a massive cherry tree that over the years has only given her six cherries.

I read a tip online that said to tie plastic bags over clumps of cherries to stop the birds eating them, so I figured CO-OP bags would be the best as their semi transparent.

I managed to convince my grandma to let me put three bags in her tree to see if it worked.

I took the bags off this week and was greeted by all of these yummy looking bright red cherries

I'd managed to squish quite a few into just three bags

There's more than six in this photo alone!

Wow!

In the end we got around a pound of delicious red cherries and now my grandma doesn't want the tree chopped down any more. So we will be saving all of our CO-OP bags for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Queens Of The Wild Frontier

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails